The Sibling Collaborative Community Fund
The Sibling Collaborative Community Fund is the fundraising arm of the Sibling Collaborative. Our community fund will support new initiatives and special projects that we work on with government, charities or non-profit organizations.In return for your donation of more than $20, you will receive a receipt for tax purposes. Please support our work!
1. Click on the Donate now button on our website which will take you to the Ottawa Community Foundation website
2. Click the “Donate Now” button and enter your donation amount and a personalized message
3. Click on “Continue with My Donation”
4. Enter your information. Points to watch are that the telephone number should have no spaces or hyphens. Note that the “$” sign should not be typed. Select “You may share my gift with the prime contact for the fund” to let us know that you have made a donation so that we can acknowledge it. OR “I would like to make this gift anonymously” if you so desire.
5. Check your personal information and edit if necessary, then enter your credit card information including the CVD number on the back of the card. Click “Submit”
6. There is an option to send an e-card to us. This can be skipped. You will then get a confirmation page to finish the transaction.
Donate by Cheque
Cheques for this tax year should be postmarked no later than December 31. Cheques must be payable to the Ottawa Community Foundation, and specify “The Sibling Collaborative Community Fund” as the beneficiary on your cheque. Cheques can be mailed to:
the Ottawa Community Foundation
301-75 Albert Street,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1P 5E7.
Support future generations through a legacy gift. There are many easy ways to leave a legacy to the Sibling Collaborative Community Fund that will provide your estate with considerable tax credits. Simply designate the Sibling Collaborative Community Fund as a beneficiary of one of the following:
- Bequest in Your Will
- Life Insurance Policy
- RRSP or RRIF
You can also use
- Appreciated Securities
- Letter of Direction
- Life Insurance Policy Transfer of Ownership
- Charitable Trust
to accrue immediate tax relief while providing long-term benefits to the Sibling Collaborative Community Fund .
The Sibling Collaborative Community Fund accepts many kinds of assets. Most non-cash gifts are liquidated immediately and the proceeds transferred to the investment portfolio. You can donate gifts of public and private company securities, real estate, and other assets. When making gifts of publicly-listed securities, we recommend having your investment advisor file all forms by December 19th, and notify the Ottawa Community Foundation to ensure that final ownership of the securities is transferred by December 31.
Ottawa Community Foundation
We are excited to be working with the Ottawa Community Foundation (OCF) to manage the Sibling Collaborative Community Fund. The OCF is a public, non-profit organization that has been connecting people who care with causes that matter since 1987. The OCF works with the community as a trusted partner to fulfill impact philanthropy and bring about positive, systemic and sustainable change.
The OCF can work nationally and provide services in English and French.